Monday, April 30, 2012

Blog Revival!

Guess Who's Back?

Catching Up...


It's been a while - about two years - since I've posted anything to my blog; a damn shame if you ask me.

A lot has changed in the couple years: I've gotten married, changed jobs, acquired another dog, gained/lost weight, lost more self-shame/dignity, shave with a straight razor - just to name a few.

Why did I go quiet?  Many reasons that can tie back into time.  No excuse, though, there are many more bloggers out there that have the same or less free time that I have and still maintain amazing blogs.  Failing to plan is another.  I never planned out the posts I wanted to write about, and I lost motivation to make the time.

So you're probably wondering, why the change of heart?  I like to share my knowledge and help others; and two, I'm selfish.  Blogging is another medium for documenting.  It provides me another means of referral when I forget something.  Sharing knowledge is crucial in the IT world.  It's constantly evolving and to survive we're pushed into continuing education.  We're one big community and have a lot to learn from each other.

About a year and a half ago I was fortunate enough to have a kind friend refer to me to Microsoft.  After a couple months of waiting, I was given the opportunity to go thru the interview process.  The interview process was successful and I began my consultant career at Microsoft a little over a year ago.

I digress.  Onto the interesting stuff.

 

'Ol Fashioned Revival!

Blog v2.0


Put on your dancin' shoes, bring your singin' voice, and be ready for some fun filled evenings.

My goal - with better planning this time around - is to post a topic once or twice a week.  This blog will still be development focused infused with my humor and sarcasm and a side of pontificating from time to time.

What you can look forward to over the next couple weeks are some intro development posts on Windows 8.  No, I will not be writing dedicated posts on this is Windows 8, blah blah blah.  One, there's plenty of those out there already and I wouldn't do a complete justice.  Two, I really don't feel like getting into flame wars with iOS and Android users in the comments section.  There's a million ways to skin a cat: there's no right or wrong way, some ways are better than others.

The posts will be like my chain of thought: no particular order and random.  For purposes of brevity and preventing information overload I will probably dissect certain posts into smaller ones that build on each other.  Otherwise, there will be no particular order of posts.  Some will be intro topics and others will be advanced.

I'll be posting my preliminary list of topics for Windows 8 development soon.  Not being specific to my Windows 8 posts, but my posts in general: if there are any topics you're interested in and that I might have missed or you'd like me to cover in greater details, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate.

Most importantly, thank you!

Cheers!

DISCLAIMER: I am the author of this blog and am ultimately responsible for its content.  I am an employee of Microsoft, but the content in this blog is that of my own opinion and creation, and does not reflect the position of Microsoft services and/or products.  Specific to Microsoft services and/or products only publically available information will be shared.  With that said, I welcome questions and will answer as appropriate, but please do not solicit for confidential information.  Thanks and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment